Job title: Social Assistant
Employee category: Full-time
Assignment: CNRR under its UNHCR funded program "Integration of Refugees in Romania" is looking for a SOCIAL ASSISTANT able to assist beneficiaries of a form of international protection in Romania. The assignment will last until December 2014, with possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
CNRR is a non-governmental organization founded in 1998, which aims to protect and to promote fundamental human rights, in particular those of refugees and other categories of migrants.
Nature of work
The Social Assistant will provide assistance to refugees approaching CNRR to ensure that they are informed and aware on their rights and obligations in the country and enjoy the opportunity to achieve self-sufficiency in Romania.
The selected applicant:
- Establishes relationships with and advocates for refugees assisted in the project.
- Provides social counselling, individualized and group orientations to refugees and their family members.
- Provides and supports beneficiaries through social service referrals, medical access and advocacy services by assessing and evaluating each refugee’s distinct needs.
- Assists and accompanies refugee when and where needed, in view of facilitating their access to rights and services.
- Coordinates with the various types of service providers and represents the interests of the refugees assisted.
- Participates in monitoring missions, training events and study missions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Laws and regulations in the field of migrant and refugee integration in Romania
- Knowledge on the international legal framework will have to be acquired on the job.
- Practices and techniques of interviewing and counselling; general knowledge on what lobby and advocacy entails.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the abilities to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, in a multicultural environment
- Work with disadvantaged groups in non-discriminatory manner
- Exercise empathy and respect towards the beneficiaries; willingness to learn fast about refugees’ issues of concern.
- Work effectively with refugees and their families and represent their interests in front of central and local authorities and other service providers, public or private.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to exercise independent judgment responsibly.
• Excellent knowledge of Romanian and English. Other languages are an asset;
• Social Work studies and/or proven experience in the field, with demonstrated results
Application process will consist of two phases as outlined below:
PHASE 1: Applicants are kindly requested to send a complete application file consisting of the following:
• CV in English and Romanian
• Cover letter in English and Romanian
PHASE 2: interview
Please apply at:
Closing date for completed application forms: 10.08.2014